Monday, July 7, 2008

Insomnia

I couldn't sleep last night. Too many things racing through my mind and the weather being unnaturally warm both contributed to yest another sleepless night.

I'm sure some people do wonderous things when they have insomnia: Invent new technology, cure disease, write novels. For me, though ... I just watch TV. Despite having DirecTV and cable, there really isn't much on at 3am, though. That doesn't stop me from watching "Unbeatable Banzuke," "Truth or Scare" and old cartoons on Boomerang ... oh, and whatever reruns are on Food Network.

Last night, I wasn't in the mood to watch anything so I channel-surfed for 4 or 5 hours. While it gets repetitive, it's better if you make a game out of it. Try to find the same commercials airing slightly out of sync on two or more channels. (The mind goes a bit batty after too many nights without sleep.)

I've had insomnia for as long as I can remember, so I'm sure I'll be up again tonight or tomorrow watching Popeye battle Bluto and seeing if the Neko de Drive challenge can ever be completed.

At least I'll have something to watch.

No comments: