Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Exercise and meal plans

According to the plan I wrote a few months ago, I am now well into my new eating/exercise regimen. As part of the plan, I am now riding a bicycle to work every other day, walking for a half-hour during lunch and have completely stopped drinking pop. Whew.

It's amazing how quickly plans can be derailed.

To say I've fallen off the wagon would be an understatement. There's a reason I haven't seen my cardiologist in ... 3 1/2 years. (I still have the appointment card in my wallet, which I just checked.) At the time, I was told I had to lose a bit of weight. Since I failed to do so, I canceled my checkup and haven't been back since. Not the best way to deal with my failure, I know.

On the plus side, I did buy a bicycle. I've ridden it four times. My next step is to visit a local exercise facility to investigate the possibility of working out there. I don't want to jump into things and exercise right away - this is more of a long-term planning opportunity.

I wonder if it's too late to sign up for next season's "Biggest Loser" ...

No comments: