Monday, June 30, 2008

Reunion-a-go-go

It's that time again: My high school class is having another reunion. Should I go or should I skip it?

I went to the last one, which wasn't too bad. There was some weird goings on at the end, when one of the guys who went to school with us said we were all evil or something. I'm not exactly clear what happened but I seem to remember security asking him to leave after his rantings started to cause a scene.

It's now been way too many years, and I just don't have a desire to go. I'm not dead-set against it and I'm not excited - I'm really apathetic about the whole thing. Which, to me, means that I shouldn't go. If there was a strong emotion either way, then I'd attend.

Yes, I might be missing out on catching up with old friends. It would be nice to chat it up with some people and to see how they've been doing. Chances are, though, that it would be lots of awkward small talk in between any possible meaningful discussions. I've had far too many of those experiences with family get-togethers.

Plus, there's a horror movie convention in Detroit that weekend. Who would want to miss out on that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always go and claim to have invented Post-Its. (And because you don't watch chick flicks, you probably don't get that joke at all.)